Nov 14, 2007

Scam Alert

Sometimes all we have is our little tiny voice. But maybe that voice can be aided by the help of a microphone...well then it could get a whole lot louder.

I'm trying to sell my car, and recently was contacted by www.buygreatautos.com. They are a financing company who for a small fee of $299 will list your car on their website targeted at people with bad credit. And they would refund the ENTIRE amount if your car doesn't sell within 90 days.

Now he said he already had buyers in my area that would be interested in looking at my car. The man, Brian, sounded nice but pushy. So pushy in fact, he wanted me to pull over and give him a credit card number while I was driving. I used driving as an excuse and called me back when I arrived home. I made some excuse about having to check my credit card before I charge it and then went online and googled them.

Turns out, it's ONE BIG FILTHY SCAM. So next time he calls me, he's going to have to hear how disgusting I think he is, or the pansy will just hang up as I am speaking. I can't stand people who try to scam you for money. They are low life, no good people...I could go on...but I wont. I'll save it for Brian when he calls me tomorrow. Ha ha ha.

3 comments:

Sir Render said...

they ripped me off....grrrr

I managed to figure out that their voicemail password was 1234 though, so I changed their message to

'Thanks for calling Buygreatautos.com.

Sorry we can't take your call, we're just too busy ripping off someone else at the moment. Please tie your message to a brick and throw it through our windows, it's much easier that way. If you are having issues with getting your $300 refund, please tell it to someone who cares.'


Made me feel a bit better.

Marie said...

That's HILARIOUS! I actually disputed the charges and got my money back. Scam artists!

allie said...

These people stole my money too and I knew it was wrong from the beginning I even went down to the credit union and changed my debit card number and tried to make it so the transaction wouldn't go through. Well it didnt work and now I have been waiting for 90 days to get my $299 back and they told me it would take 30 to 60 days and I havent gotten nothin. I would love more than anything to go to Canada and beat the life and of these low lifes. Anyways if anyone has any advice on how to get the money back let me know please thanks.