Aug 4, 2009
Well we all know time is moving and we can't do anything to stop it...but every once in a while, we can stop and remember with love, those who live in our memories.
Jun 11, 2009
Today I woke up feeling so blah. Sure I can make my own hours for work…but if I’m not working, there’s a guilt that looms over me. Maybe I should just take this day…take it and do what I want with it. Oh…the woes of being an adult!
May 13, 2009
When I first saw this show, I was mesmerized by the fact that this couple had 8 children and were pretty good and managing all the kids. A few episodes in, I noticed how controlling Kate is...she belittles her husband, corrects him constantly and never holds back in letting him know how he doesn't measure up to her standards - all the while on national television.
I fell in love with the children and tried to ignore Kate's narrating. The children are so smart, cute and have their own personalities...
I hope for the children's sake that they try and work things out. I know that the majority will side with Jon - despite the supposed indiscretions because of how he's treated publicly. But all should know there are always two sides of the story. They definitely should have turned off the cameras and focused on having a normal life...doesn't mean it's not too late to do it now.
::Hugs:: to the children!
Apr 16, 2009
Of course, not all of us are addicted, some know how to give it it's proper place...but for the most part, I find myself checking it on a regular basis. Probably a lot more than I should. And we get to post pretentious pics of ourselves and our friends too! Make status updates since everyone cares about our wonderful lives...and get little ego boosts from friends rewarding us on our wittiness by clicking on that new added feature the "like" link. :) And when we upload an album of pics, BOOM - comments flood in...how exciting! LOL...Ah technology. How crazy is it, that life was SO different 10-15 years ago?
Lately, I started playing Pet Society, in which you create a pet, then earn money to buy clothes and furniture and you can decorate your house. Funny, it's just a simple game imitating life yet it manages to keep us entertained...that is, until the next new popular game arrives.
Since I work for myself (right now at least) I don't have to worry about what I do on my computer. I sort of feel bad for the people who have to be careful at work...if I were at an office, I probably would be doing the same! Doesn't mean I still have to watch my time though...it cuts into productivity...but I can't bring myself to not check during the daytime "work" hours. It's hard because, we never have enough time as it is, so add FB to the mix and it spells disaster. I joked about a friend that our evening goes like this:
Turn washing machine on ::FB:: Put clothes in ::FB:: Turn stove on ::FB:: Put food in pan ::FB:: Put clothes in dryer ::FB:: Eat ::FB:: Wash dishes ::FB:: Fold Clothes ::FB::
If you're not careful, it can suck up a lot of time, so sometimes you just gotta turn off the computer! Sometimes it's reasonable...like when you are taking a break. For instance, I washed and mini-detailed my car. I needed a break so...FB! (Right now I actually have to start cleaning my bathroom...it's getting late so it may just be a mini-detail thing like what I did with my car, but it will have to do).
Speaking of productivity...my next blog post will be about my iTouch ipod (basically like an iPhone, but w/o calling capabilities) & how some apps actually make life easier! Uh, and no I'm not talking about the handy level!
Feb 11, 2009
So, I need your help...give me suggestions of what I should put on MY plate!
I'm pretty bad at this stuff and can't think of anything good. I was gonna put "EAT CAKE" because of my name (ha ha). So....think of something and let me know! I might just use it! :)
Jan 26, 2009
Jan 22, 2009
I made $19 bucks, which I thought was okay...but when I clicked at the high scores, people made $1000!
Click HERE to play.
Jan 19, 2009
Just thought I'd share what I wrote on this blog...
1. I am a born procrastinator. This list was supposed to be done yesterday.
2. I am afraid of change, yet when it comes I endure gracefully.
3. Although I’ve been through a lot of uncertainty, I’ve learned a lot from being outside my comfort zone.
4. I learned to read at the age of 3 ½, skipped Kindergarten and was put in 1st grade top class after reading in front of the Principal. (Don’t know if they have “top class” anymore).
5. I am a neat freak…yet sometimes the house gets messy. I procrastinate and don’t clean it for a while, and then I get my days with bursts of energy where I clean for hours.
6. I fear childbirth, and the thought of a child changing my life forever. If it happens, it WILL be planned, and still then, I will probably be terrified…I fear the unknown.
7. I miss my husband when he’s away, but thoroughly enjoy my time alone.
8. My nickname used to be brat. USED to be.
9. When I’m flipping channels, and see Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, or Girls Next Door – I can’t help but watch the train wrecks…
10. I’ve done some traveling in my lifetime – Canada, England, Wales, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain, Philippines – that’s 10 countries…(I’m probably forgetting one) stopped over in Taiwan, and whilst on a train from Paris to Rome we drove through Switzerland – does that count as 11 and 12? I love travel and suffer from the travel bug from time to time. I have a lot of new countries that I would like to explore…but am dying to go back to Italy.
11. I’ve slept at a hostel while traveling.
12. I’m going to take motorcycle lessons one day and surprise my husband…well, it won’t be a surprise if he sees this.
13. I used to draw and write poetry as a teenager while locked up in my room. I miss doing creative things sometimes.
14. I still write in a journal…I contemplate burning my collection just in case I die. I don’t really read my past entries…
15. I met quite a few celebrities while living in NY.
16. Grunge or Hip Hop? I was “Grunge” for a few years in H.S.
17. I accidentally ran over a kitten in my driveway. I was traumatized for a few…
18. I have a half sister who looks a lot like me, since she is also half Dominican and Filipino and we are a month apart. I also have a bunch of half bro’s and sisters that I have never met, including my own father.
19. I love Karaoke, and have some cherished memories of singing in Chelsea Piers…why oh why did that have to end?
20. I love makeup and makeup sales. I recently spent $2 bucks on a brand name eye pencil. Oh yeah, and I am a product junkie…my bathroom is STOCKED.
Jan 13, 2009
Jan 12, 2009
Anyway, my favorite show Lost is coming back this month, also Fringe. Here is an alternate ending to last season of Lost. Yeah, if it were Sawyer, that will KILL the ratings next season, LOL! I'm not sure if all the new stuff from last season is sitting well with me...all the new characters, the past and future flash backs - the future ones make me kinda uneasy, as well as the creepy visits from Island folk. I just saw a few minutes of a rerun of the episode where Sun had her baby and we learn of Jin's fate. It totally sucks. But I'm still hooked. Oh well.
And for those who haven't seen this yet, it's totally sad yet hilarious at the same time...it's a remix of "I'm Walking On Sunshine" Starring Allison from Intervention.