Oct 17, 2008

Time For Change?

Election coming up, positions at work are shifting - creating some waves, a new period of uncertainty is floating around in my life...let's throw in some more changes! Well, fun changes are always welcome. :)

I'm feeling antsy...I cut my hair a few months back with some bangs and now it's starting to grow out...I feel like I wanna keep the length...because I feel more feminine with it...I dunno...but I'm thinking of putting in some subtle highlights, maybe a shade or two lighter. A few years back, I had my hair dual processed, it was dyed a few shades lighter and had some light highlights. It was rather pricey to maintain, and after the summer ended, I went back to a brown shade. Anyway, my hair's in this growing out, in between stage...I'm thinking of doing a major change. A woman knows when she's due for one! LOL. I always wanted to have some friends I can go to to get things done for cheaper. I have a friend down here who gave me a trim the other day. I may employ her to lighten me up! I actually found a pic of Jessica Alba when she had black/dark hair and noticed that when she went lighter, her eyebrows got lighter also. I'm also liking the cut...see for yourself:

The 2nd pic is more golden toned and the 3rd one looks more blond...I like the length of the 3rd pic. I dunno, going lighter makes your face look softer. I wanted to not dye my hair until I started sprouting some greys but I'm getting pretty bored.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Ha, I have seen greys in my hair and I'm still hesitant to dye! But the hairstyle looks nice. I'm a terrible judge of hair though, so don't go by me.

Marie said...

Actually this past weekend I mentioned it and two people told me they like me with dark hair...maybe I'll just do some subtle highlights. If anything, hair grows so I'll be able to go back to my natural color.

Anonymous said...

I highlited my hair for over a year and although it's fun, it does damage your hair. Then, I died it brown. Also, I did the side bang thing for a couple of months. About two weeks ago, I cut it to a blunt bob that's above my shoulders. So I understand the desire for a hairstyle change. The downside to coloring is that it does damage your hair (although a good colorist helps). That's basically why I ended up cutting off my hair: to start fresh and chop off all the dry ends that had been colored. For now, before I go gray, I think I'm gonna keep my natural color for a while...

Marie said...

Bon, did I see you with brown hair? I don't think so...e-mail pic! Yes, it does damage your hair, I'm afraid of ends looking fried - that's also not so good. I may do subtle, like a shade or two tiny highlights all around and then go back to dark after a few months. Funny, it's "Fall" so I should be going darker. I don't know...I'm fine for the moment, maybe it's best not to start messing around with hair and maintenance - the maintenance part is the part I hate the most.