May 11, 2012

Invisalign - Day 2

Okay Day 2 was a bad day...the salivating was getting on my nerves, and by the end of the day, the pressure on my teeth just made me feel tired.  I didn't like the feeling of chewing so carefully....because if I didn't I would bite my cheek.  When I took them off for dinner it was a welcome break.  When I put them back on, I felt a lot better.  I think breaks for eating are very helpful during this transition.  I also looked forward to sleeping...it's easy to wear it for bed and I don't think I will have any problems using my retainer.  I read a few other blogs and checked out people's before and after pics and regained the strength to carry on.  I read that after 5-7 days you forget they are there.  Can't wait for that!  I also read some people get cavities???  I'm not drinking anything other than water when I have them in...even though you can have "clear" liquids.  And I've never flossed so much in my entire life!!!  I am assigned 23 trays.  Looking at tray #6, I can already see a SLIGHT improvement. Can't wait until I'm halfway done with this process.  I think by halfway I would see a large improvement - because they have to move all the teeth back and then I can have certain teeth filed (slimmed down) and last trays tighten everything back together.  I'm going to have to do a round of teeth whitening and some bonding on one chipped tooth.  Ah well....I'm still a long way away!

No comments: