Aug 15, 2006

Exhausted...But Mind Is Wide Awake

Today I was supposed to leave at noon, but it took me six hours to get my act together. So I had a late start on a 4 hour journey. I chose not to stop, but to keep going - it was a race on time, that I ended up losing. My trip was interesting, 2 hours into my drive I felt as if I were in the back woods of Tennessee or something instead of central Florida. I saw fields, cows grazing, I passed mailboxes - and tried to crane my neck to see what houses the paths lead to. I even passed a dude ranch. A DUDE RANCH. Oh, and I saw a sign that read "Panthers Crossing." Wish I got a chance to take a shot of that.

Some friends want to go to "Wet & Wild" this Saturday. It's about 3 hours from them and about 2 hours from where I'm staying. I'm down with it. I recently went to a water park and a had a great time. But I also remember the end of the day when you are tired of walking around half naked...

So I'm in the hotel room right now...Just chillaxing. Back To The Future 2 is on TV...I've seen these movies a hundred times and have no idea why I like it so much. I think its a mixture of things, I was always enraptured by the time travel thing, and Michael J. Fox is endearing. The 3rd one stunk, but in a way it wrapped things up. I still think the Delorean is the coolest thing - even now in 2006. Great Scott!

I have to sleep, omigoodness. I have to wake up early, but my brain is so awake, especially since I am in an unfamiliar place away from home. Sometimes when alone in a hotel room, I sleep with the TV on - just for company.

...I would love to time travel back to the eighties, when I was a little girl. Get an apartment across the street from where I lived, and just watch the activity...

6 comments:

k said...

I think I've probably watched Back to the Future a billion times and for some reason it never gets old. Whoever thought it up was a genius. The second one was the best.

Gata said...

Time travel would be cool, but only as an observer. Wouldn't want to mess with the time/space continuum.

Wet & Wild? The names of these places! But you should go.

.:.marie.:. said...

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves BTTF movies. Regarding Gata's comment, I would love to observe, but step in and maybe tweak certain things. Like maybe I was going to do something stupid...

Gata said...

Maybe the times I made a stupid purchase, I could tap myself on the shoulder and say "don't do it!" OK, that would be something.

Stevie ~ mono no aware said...

Time travel--YES! That is why acting is appealing because you get to use your imagination without the actual journey. Ok--hinestly I would just love to dress up in period clothing and have an ambience accordingly. Then I'd like to come back to what is familiar.
Where are you? I guess you drove home? Did you take the trip alone? If you did--WOW Thats an adventurous spirit. I would love to do it but the idea of being lost in the middle of the country and having seen all those 70 shows about crazy woodsmen...eeks. But I love being lost and finding my way --by way of an accurate map.
Back to the future...is that an oxy moron?

BonBon said...

We drove through the middle of Fla. once to get to Busch Gardens and yeah, it's weird how different the middle looks from the coasts.
Two nights ago I was physically exhausted but my mind was racing until about 3 a.m. when I finally conked out.
I too have watched the BTTF movies more times than I can count; the whole idea is fun.