Jan 5, 2006

Life and the perception of reality.

I feel ever so unsettled as I have no place to call home. I had this idea of maybe staying in New York...getting an apartment, joining a gym, disappearing into the normalcy of everyday...but I don't think it's going to fly. During this in-between stage, I found myself longing to visit my old backyard (to which I still have the key)...when I realized I was just looking for a place subconsciously, some sort of familiarity in which to indulge in.

Someone so nicely put it all together for me. They said "It's not where you are (physically) that defines where you are in life."

4 comments:

Stevie ~ mono no aware said...

"I was just looking for a place subconsciously, some sort of familiarity in which to indulge in." eq.
Boy can I relate to that. I love how you worded that feeling.

It's a good thing where we are physically does not define where we are in life...cause I'd feel like I were nowhere:) O if only one could maintain a spiritual outlook.

k said...

or those old Dave Matthew's lyrics: "turns out not where but who you're with that really matters"...

BonBon said...

How true. Some of our brothers have been in nasty prisons, etc. yet maybe at that time were at their strongest spiritually.
And yet, there's a natural desire for a home that we can build and have occupancy of.
Some day soon, it'll all be perfectly blended-the spiritual and the physical.

Gata said...

I often wonder where I am...